Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Essence of who I am


Whenever I'm asked "what type of photography do you do?" I always reply-"people, all people!". Well, that's not all that I photograph. For me, it capturing emotions. That special bond between a parent and child, a little touch here, angle kisses here, a couple so in love that they can't stand to not look at each other, giggles and laughter of a family. Its all about showing the love that speaks for itself. So that's what I strive for. I want my portraits to speak of love, energy, and beauty. For example, this picture is one of my favorites! It was not posed, it just happened. It was natural and real. Yes, I give you a great posed picture, one that will be wonderful framed or put on a Christmas card, but I also want to give you the unexpected. I want to give you...you! The real you, the one that loves with all your heart. The one that captures you relaxed, laughing and living life to the fullest. That in my opinion, is art!

1 comment: